If God is our heavenly Father, what does that really mean in our everyday life?
Is His will for our lives something we won't like? Is God no fun at all?
Being in God's will is the happiest place to be. PS 16:11 says "In Your presence is the fullness of joy!" Look at what David is saying in Psalm 16:
1. Keep and protect me, O God, for in You I have found refuge, and in You do I put my trust and hide myself.
2. I say to the LORD, You are my Lord; I have no good beside or beyond You.
3. As for the godly who are in the land, they are the excellent, the noble, and the glorious, in whom is all my delight.
4. Their sorrows shall be multiplied who choose another god; their drink offerings of blood will I not offer or take their names upon my lips.
5. The Lord is my chosen and assigned portion, my cup; You hold and maintain my lot.
6. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; yes I have a good heritage.
7. I will bless the Lord, who has given me good counsel; yes, my heart instructs me in the night seasons.
8. I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
9. Therefore my heart is glad and my glory (my inner self) rejoices; my body too shall rest and confidently dwell in safety.
10. For you will not abandon me to Sheol (the place of the dead), neither will you suffer Your holy one to see corruption.
11. You will show me the path of life; in your presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand there are pleasures forever-more. Ps 16 (Amp)